The RRS bolt-in 3-Link features better geometry than any factory four-link set-up. This superior geometry results in eliminates roll under-steer, accurate turn in and superior steady-state cornering, which makes the car more neutrally balanced and endows it with more predictable handling.
For performance applications, the RRS 3-Link system increases chassis beaming and torsion rigidity for faster suspension reaction time (for better feedback), greater torque handling capacity, optimum torque transference to the chassis and precise control over differential movements. It also allows wheels with up to a 5½-inch offset to be used.
Best of all, the modular design incorporates generous user-adjustable settings including; ride height, damper tuning, pinion angle, lateral differential location and roll centre height (for fine tuning the vehicle’s handling characteristics). All of which results in better traction (for improved acceleration and braking) along with outstanding cornering ability.
Increased tyre track for wider rubber.
As the factory leaf spring system compresses, the differential housing can move forward as much as 60mm. When cornering (i.e. one side down one side up), this moves one side further forward than the other – which induces hideously-undesirable roll under-steer. The RRS 3-Link is designed to limit this fore/aft movement of the differential housing to 15mm (throughout its travel) which substantially minimises roll under-steer. If your wheel well openings have been modified to accept very wide or very large diameter tyres that run close to the guard, you may experience guard fouling problems with the RRS 3-Link due to the different arc of travel the differential housing now moves through. That is to say; with the RRS 3-Link, the tyre will stay more centred in the wheel arch throughout the range of suspension travel.
EVERY RRS bracket is laser cut to exact tolerances and all frames and cross-members are jig welded in precision fixtures for steadfast consistency. In comparison, Ford’s original construction tolerances were quite loose, with variances of up 8mm (5/16”) being observed. Also collision and rust repairs can result in considerable movement of structural members. A couple of examples of the typical inaccuracies introduced by rust repair work include; lateral shrinkage when adding new floor sections and lateral spreading when adding a new tunnel. New floors often entail new seat boxes. Many installers use the seat mounting holes in the seat boxes to align the replacement floor sections – this is hideously inaccurate.
RRS BUILT-IN TOLERANCE
To accommodate these unknown variables, all RRS mounts and frames are manufactured for ease of fitment and allow for significant chassis variations. However they may require jacking into location or some deft persuasion with a plastic-faced hammer or heavy rubber mallet.
The RRS Trans Am 3 link now covers Falcons from XK to XF (1960- 1992)
Fairlanes ZA to DA Mustangs 1964- 1973
3 LINK REAR SUSPENSION
The RRS 3-link is designed to transform the handling of an early Ford chassis to match or exceed the demands of new millennium performance production Fords.
RRS 3 Link Rear Suspension Coil Over Assembly Includes:
- Mumford or Watts link mount frame assembly.
- Cross member assembly.
- Torque arm
- Upper shock mount frame
- Trailing arms
- Mumford or Watts linkage assembly
- Over centre link assembly
- Differential mounting brackets
- Coil over shock assembly
- Coil over shock adjustment tool
- Shock mount brackets
- All nuts, bolts& spacers
- Detailed fitting instructions
The RRS Advantage
• The RRS 3 Link rear suspension system boasts dramatically improved suspension geometry over the inferior factory leaf spring set up.
• The superior geometry of the RRS 3 Link results in drastically reduced roll under steer, accurate turn in & firm flat cornering.
• The RRS 3 link makes the handling of the car more neutrally balanced and endows the car with predictable handling.
• The RRS 3 Link system increases chassis beaming and torsion rigidity for faster suspension reaction time allowing instantaneous feedback.
• RRS has designed the torque arm and cross member to handle up to 1000ft/lbs of torque
• User adjustable settings including ride height, shock damper tuning, pinion angle, lateral differential location and roll centre height
• Quality chrome silicon steel springs.
• All hardware and detailed instruction supplied for easy bolt in installation.
• Superior ride & outstanding cornering ability.
• Drastically improved suspension geometry.
• Reduced roll under steer.
• User-adjustable ride height.
• Adjustable damper tuning.
• Eliminates dive under hard braking.
• Reduces rear end squat for superior acceleration.
• Neutral handling characteristics making the vehicle
a pleasure to drive.
• Able to handle high torque loads.
• Improved stability of chassis.
• Bolt in no cutting or welding.
- Optional new 9" Axle Housing supplied if required.
- May require exhaust adjustment
- Diff centre and axles shafts available if required.
Watts Linkage suits Mustang 1964 ½ - 1970, US Falcon, Ranchero and Fairlane 1960 to 1969 with RRS coil over suspension.
Mumford Linkage suits Aust. Falcon 1967 - 1979
Other US Applications - please enquire by email [email protected]
Phone 02 9907 3755